The automotive industry is full of opportunities for many professionals, from financial analysts to IT engineers, marketing experts, graphic designers, and more. This sector employs more than1.7 million people with even more hopefuls looking for a job.
So if you are into transportation and cars and feel like pursuing a career in this industry, perhaps it’s the right time to look for a new job.
It’s possible to showcase your skills on an automotive resume as long as you select the right words. So here are some important keywords and phrases to incorporate in your CV to make it irresistible to potential employers and increase your probability of getting hired.
How To Draft A Compelling Automotive Resume With Relevant Keywords
An automotive resume should emphasize your desire and passion for learning and gaining experience. In addition, integrate specific keywords in your automotive resume that your employers might be looking for and establish the value you bring to the table.
Many people neglect the summary section in their automotive resume. That is a missed opportunity.
It is essential to include a summary as it acts as a digital handshake, giving you an excellent opportunity to pitch your expertise in a compelling and attention-grabbing way.
So, come up with a 3 to 5 sentence long paragraph stating what you do, who you are, and what makes you a valuable resource.
Indeed, your former jobs play an integral role in your current trajectory and skill set. When you have gained valuable practical insight and experience, it’s time to let potential employers see that.
To help the recruiters navigate the section, mention your prior automotive-related work experience in reverse sequential order. You should position the most recent and relevant experience at the top.
However, make sure that you list your duties and particular achievements to give the potential employer a better idea of what you have to offer.
Here are some examples:
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” for increased customer satisfaction with the services provided
- Repaired various trucks and cars. Diagnosed and troubleshot vehicles. Replaced or repaired defective parts. Guaranteed that everything was according to the clients’ needs and company’s high standards
Fundamental Skill Set
It is also essential to tailor your automotive resume to every job you apply for. Add the most critical keywords that you find in the job description. For instance, if you are an automotive technician, you need to draw attention to your diagnostic abilities and mechanical knowledge.
An automotive resume should clearly emphasize and highlight the applicant’s modeling skills, education, and knack for innovation.
Here is the essential skill set added to your automotive resume.
- Electrical system diagnosis
- Engine troubleshooting
- Safety measures
- Oil change
- Cooling system maintenance
- Transmission installation
- Starting system schematics
- Safety and tools
- Braking system repair
Top Soft Skills In The Automotive Sector
- Social skills and teamwork
- Planning, scheduling, and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking
- Record-keeping skills and attention to detail
- Organized and efficient
- Outstanding diagnostic ability
- Physical endurance
Top Hard Skills in the Automotive Sector
- Automotive internal systems’ in-depth understanding
- Familiarity with automotive service processes and safety protocols
- Expertise with digital databases, technical manuals, and work-order management software
- Knowledge mechanical principles and engineering
Employers deal with multiple candidates every year. And they can easily spot the competent ones during interviews. So if you don’t have a specific skill, don’t just mention it because they will ask about it. Instead, highlight other essential skills that you are an expert at.
Power Keywords For Automotive Resume
- Guaranteed fleet safety by repairing and balancing tires, replacing filters, changing oil, and more
- Managed supply inventory and notified the organization of repair costs and required reorders
- Carried out maintenance, equipment inspection, and repair of various company automotive vehicles in the past three years
Here Are The Top Skills Related To Automotive
- Project Management
Drafting a job-winning automotive resume is all about conveying your value. First, you need to captivate the employer’s attention with a solid idea, then substantiate it in your resume.
So when you’re ready to have the recruitment team at Autopeople in your corner, give us a call at 1-800-659-9501, visit our website at www.autopeople.com or email us to discuss what Autopeople can do for you.